Games Workshop – Warhammer 40,000 – Chaos Daemons – Codex
Out of stock
Beyond the boundaries of space and time, the Chaos Gods observe the galaxy with ancient and malevolent eyes. To these terrible entities, realspace is simply a battlefield, and its inhabitants mere pawns in the grandest game of all – the struggle for ultimate dominion between the Ruinous Powers themselves. Their truest servants, who fight this war in their names, are the daemons created in their own image: creatures of staggering power, horrifying aspect and exceptional cruelty.
Codex: Chaos Daemons contains a wealth of background and rules – the definitive book for Chaos Daemons collectors. Within this 144-page hardback, you’ll find:
– The Chaos Gods & Their Infernal Legions: descriptions of the warp, the maddening realm that the Chaos Gods call home, and of the major Chaos Gods – Khorne, Slaanesh, Tzeentch and Nurgle – along with their servants, the Chaos Daemons;
– Examples of the compositions of daemonic forces for the 4 Chaos Gods – the Scintillating Legions, the Plague Legions, the Blood Legions and the Legions of Excess;
– Galactic Corruption: a map showing the impact of the Great Rift, from which the malign energies of the warp pour into realspace, with details of warp storms, Chaos strongholds and daemon worlds;
– Chaos Rising: a brief history of major warp-based catastrophes and daemonic incursions – at least, the few that remain on-record…
– Background and details on each character and unit available to a Chaos Daemons army;
– A showcase of beautifully painted Citadel miniatures, with example armies featuring everything from individual images of models to battle scenes on terrain.
Everything you need to get a Chaos Daemons army primed for games of Warhammer 40,000 is in here:
– 50 datasheets, providing rules for every Chaos Daemons unit and miniature;
– Army abilities reflecting Chaos Daemons’ methods of war on the tabletop;
– Daemonic Gifts: wargear both ranged and close-combat for use by Chaos Daemons;
– Points values for all miniatures, weapons and wargear for use in Matched Play games;
– The Eternal Hordes: rules for Battle-forged armies, including:
– 19 unique Stratagems – 7 usable by any Chaos Daemons and 3 each for Khorne, Nurgle, Tzeentch and Slaanesh;
– 24 unique Warlord Traits: 6 each for Khorne, Nurgle, Tzeentch and Slaanesh;
– Hellforged Artefacts: 15 weapons and artefacts available only to Chaos Daemons;
– 21 psychic powers: 6 each for Nurgle, Tzeentch and Slaanesh, along with 3 Dark Hereticus powers for an army fielding Be’lakor;
– 6 unique Tactical Objectives.